Friday, June 8, 2007

For Fuck's Sake.

I'm not a professional neurologist but this seriously can't be good.

"I know it was a concussion," Freel said in his first public comments since the incident. "I've had them before and know what it is. I was knocked out. Every other time I've had concussions, I've been knocked out. None of them have been like this. I never had the lingering affects. This is totally different than what I had before."

Freel estimated that he's possibly had "nine or ten concussions."


To reiterate: Ryan Freel has had nine or ten concussions. Hell, knowing a bit about Ryan, that's probably a low end estimate.

I love watching Freel but, for fuck's sake, somebody has to stop him from playing again. He's pretty much guaranteed Alzheimer's at this point.

At the very least, Dr. Kremchek should make him wear some sort of helmet when he's out in the field- maybe one that's a midpoint between what John Olerud wore and the ones they strap on retarded kids.

No comments: